Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween in the Blogosphere: American Frankenstein


When I posted my list of 13 Great DVD's for the Halloween Season last week, I deliberately excluded Sleepy Hollow.  But not because I didn't deem Tim Burton's film a worthy entry; no, I was just saving my discussion for another post that was in the works.

All this week over at the fantastic blog American Frankenstein, author Norman Partridge is running a feature in which writers, editors, and publishers recommend a great movie to watch on Halloween night.  My selection of Sleepy Hollow appears in today's post, alongside recommendations by Joe Hill, Tom Piccirilli, and David J. Schow (talk about finding yourself in some select company!).

The various recommendations are a treat to read, and will inspire you to pop some old favorites into the DVD player--or to rush to track down some classics that you somehow managed to miss all these years.  One thing's for certain: by the end of this week, you won't be at a loss regarding what to watch on Sunday night.  The only dilemma will be finding the time to catch all of the movies you'll be dying to see. 

No comments: