Thursday, October 21, 2010

Angry Villager Anthology--"Not a Peep"


[The twenty-first installment of the month-long poetry sequence that began on October 1st.]


"Not a Peep"

Larry Gordon

That night, Jessi and I made the bedsprings sing,
The shrill but rhythmic tune that never grows old.
She bounced atop me in all her voluptuousness,
I bucked underneath her like an electrocuted epileptic.
We were both on the brink when we simultaneously sensed
The misshapen face pressed up against the window,
Turned and saw the slobber dripping down the pane.
Jessi shrieked, I shriveled, our coitus abruptly interrupted.
By the time we scrambled to our feet, the thing had already fled,
Yet its intrusion persisted: from then on Jessi was scared off sex.
Adding insult to chastity, I couldn't even breathe one word
To Sheriff Pfister about that damned yellow-eyed voyeur,
Lest Jessi's husband Donald catch wind of the affair.

No comments: