Monday, November 5, 2012

Dead Lines


Not since Sophia shambled out of the barn has The Walking Dead been so tear-jerking (I should've known that an episode entitled
"Killer Within" would be rife with fatality).  No surprise, though, that the dialogue was as sharp as the death scenes were emotionally grueling.  Some examples:

Oscar: These were good guys.  Good guys that'd had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint, like Tomas and Andrew.  Now we've all made mistakes to get in here, chief.  And I'm not going to pretend to be a saint, but believe me, we've paid our due.  Enough that we would rather hit that road than go back in that shithole.



Rick: They'll just be looking for a chance to grab our weapons.  Do you want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?
T-Dog: I never stopped.



Merle: How come we never hooked up?
Andrea: You called me a whore.  And a rug-muncher.
Merle: Got a way with words, don't I?



Andrea: Truth is, I don't know what I'm looking for.  For the longest time, it was all about survival.  Nothing else mattered.  So much so, I don't know what matters now.
The Governor: Pay off the car.  Work fifty hours a week.  Get married.  Buy a house.  That was survival for me not too long ago.
Andrea: A lot has changed.
The Governor: The scenery has.  The landscape.  But the way we think...



Lori: [To Carl] You gotta do what's right, baby.  Promise me you'll always do what's right.  It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world.  So, so if it feels wrong, don't do it, alright?  If it feels easy, don't do it.  [crying harder]  Don't let the world spoil you.  You're so good.  My sweet boy.  You're the best thing I ever did.  I love you.  I love you.  My sweet, sweet boy.  I love you....Okay.  Okay now.  Okay.  [groans]  Maggie, when this is over, you're gonna have to-- [Maggie shakes her head in refusal].  You have to do it.  It can't be Rick.

No comments: