Monday, November 28, 2011

Most Gothic Place Names: The Top 5 States



With my national survey now complete, I decided to go back through all the posts for the "Most Gothic Place Names" Feature and choose the upper-tenth of Macabre Republic.  My final selections were made based on that state's complete batch of cited appellations--not just the one singled out for the weekly honor of "Most Gothic."  Anyhow, here are my Top 5 picks, in alphabetical order:

1.Georgia

2.Indiana

3.Louisiana

4.New York

5.Tennessee


[A word of thanks to placenames.com for providing such a handy database for my searches over the past year.]

Think I short-changed a certain state?  Then feel free to leave a Comment to this post.  Also, what would you vote for the single Most Gothic Place Name in all of the United States?

No comments: