Monday, April 1, 2013

Dead Lines



Bullets rained in last night's action-packed season finale, "Welcome to the Tombs," but that didn't drown out some incredible dialogue:


The Governor: Hey.  I'm gonna tell you the secret.  There's a threat, you end it.  And you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.  You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?  It means you're alive.  You've won.  You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.  You kill or you die.
Milton: What would your daughter think, about what you are?
The Governor: She'd be afraid of me.  But if I had been like this from the start, she'd be alive today.



The Governor [to a mortally wounded Milton]: I told you you were gonna do it.  And now you're gonna die.  And you're gonna turn.  And you're gonna tear the flesh from [Andrea]'s bones.  In this life now, you kill or you die.  Or you die and you kill.



Highlighted Bible Passage [left for the Governor to read]: ...And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.



Carl: I couldn't take the chance.  I didn't kill the walker that killed Dale.  Look what happened.
Rick:  Son, that is not the same thing.
Carl: You didn't kill Andrew, and he came back and killed Mom.  You were in a room with the Governor, and you let him go.  And then he killed Merle.  I did what I had to do.  Now go.  So he doesn't kill any more of us.



Andrea [to Rick]: Please.  I know how the safety works.

No comments: