Monday, March 19, 2012

Dead Lines



[For last week's quotable quotes, click here.]


There was more shooting than talking in the first half of last night's season finale ("Beside the Dying Fire"), but by episode's end a bevy of great lines had been delivered:

"This is my farm.  I'll die here."
--Hershel, prepared to make a last stand


"Look at me.  Hey, we're alive.  We made it.  Ok, I'm sure they are, too.  Right?  [beat]  I love you.  Maggie, I love you.  I should have said it a long time ago, but it's been true for a long time.  We're gonna be all right.  Ok?  We'll be all right."
--Glenn to Maggie


"I can't profess to understand God's plan.  Christ promised a resurrection of the dead.  I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
--Hershel to Rick


"Saw this guy's [Glenn's] taillight zigzagging all over the road.  Figured he had to be Asian, driving like that."
--Daryl, jokingly to Rick


"We're all infected.  At the CDC, Jenner told me.  Whatever it is, we all carry it."
--Rick's belated revelation to the group


"I am doing something.  I'm keeping this group together.  Alive.  I've been doing that all along, no matter what.  I didn't ask for this.  I killed my best friend for you people, for Chrissake.  [beat]  You saw what he was like, how he pushed me.  How he compromised us.  How he threatened us.  He staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back.  He gave me no choice.  He was my friend, but he came after me. [beat]  My hands are clean.

"Maybe you people are better off without me.  Go ahead.  I say there's a place for us, but maybe, maybe it's just another pipe dream.  Maybe, maybe I'm fooling myself again.  Why don't you go find out for yourself?  Send me a postcard.  Go on, there's the door.  You can do better, let's see how far you get.  No takers?  Fine, but get one thing straight.  [If] You're staying, this isn't a democracy anymore."
--Rick's season-ending speech to the group

No comments: