Monday, February 20, 2012

Dead Lines



[For last week's quotable quotes, click here.]


This week's episode ("Triggerfinger") of The Walking Dead put the premium on action rather than talk, but there were still plenty of choice bits of dialogue:


"Your friends drew on us.  They gave us no choice.  I'm sure we've all lost enough people.  Done things we wished we didn't have to do.  But...but it's like that now.  So let's just chalk this up to what it was: wrong place, wrong--" [sudden gunfire]
--Rick, to Dave and Tony's allies stationed outside the bar


"You're a real piece of work, lady.  What, are you going to make this about my daddy or some crap like that?  [scoffs]  Man, you don't know jack.  You're afraid.  You're afraid because you're all alone.  You've got no husband...no daughter.  You don't know what to do with yourself.  And you ain't my problem.  Sophia wasn't mine!  All you had to do was keep an eye on her!"
--Daryl to Carol


"Just think about what you felt.  Just for a second, would you?  What you felt.  Everything falling apart all around us, but it...it was the one good thing.   [beat]  You know it's true."
--Shane to Lori


Shane: You know, I'm going to go get him [the wounded Randall] some flowers and candy.  Look at this, folks: we back in Fantasyland.
Hershel: You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did in my barn yet.  Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all: this is my farm.  Now, I wanted you gone.  Rick talked me out of it.  That doesn't mean I have to like it.  So do us both a favor--keep your mouth shut.


"Shane thinks I'm his.  He thinks the baby is his. And he says you can't protect us.  That you are going to get us killed.  He's dangerous, Rick.  And he won't stop."
--Lori to Rick

No comments: