Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Blog



At midnight tonight, Macabre Republic officially turns one.

Last August 1st, I launched this blog with a specific goal in mind: to publish at least one post (pertaining to the subject of American Gothic in literature and popular culture) every single day for the next year. I'm proud to report that I did maintain that routine for the past twelve months (in fact, yesterday I reached the 400-post plateau).

Going forward, Macabre Republic will keep its borders open to lovers of all-American Gothic, and will continue to run its familiar Features (as well as introduce some new types of posts).  But I want to inform the followers of this blog that henceforth I will be moving away from a post-per-day schedule (in order to devote more time to some other writing projects that I have in the works).  My intention, though, is to still publish new material here at least 3-4 times a week.

So keep on trekking back, all you Twisted Citizens, to the Land of the Red, Black, and Blue.  If you have any suggestions/recom-mendations for the blog in the year ahead, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email.

Okay, midnight fast approaches.  It's almost time to blow out that birthday candle--and to relish the darkness that ensues.

No comments: