Monday, October 28, 2013

Dead Lines


Strong dialogue in last week's episode ("Infected") was rarer than a zombie cure, but Sunday night's "Isolation" more than made up for that lack:

Hershel: We just went through something terrible.  Everything we've been working so hard to keep out, it found it's way in.
Rick: No.  It's always there.



Michonne: I'm in.
Hershel: You haven't been exposed.  Daryl has.  You get in a car with him--
Michonne: He's already given me fleas.



Rick: Whoever it was that did this, they're not going anywhere.  We'll find them.
Tyreese: Today?  Right now?  Because I'm not feeling the urgency.  All I see you doing is pumping water.  In fact, what I'm picking up is, murder is OK in this place now.
Rick: No, it is not.  But we have to save lives first.  We have to keep this place going.
Tyreese: You worry about that.  I'll worry about what's right.



Bob: You really want me coming along?
Daryl: [holds up a sheet of paper]  What's that word?
Bob: Zanamivir.
Daryl: Yeah, we need you.



Hershel [to Rick and Maggie]: Listen, damn it.  You step outside, you risk your life.  You take a drink of water, you risk your life.  And nowadays, you breathe, you risk your life.  Every moment now you don't have a choice.  The only thing you can choose is what you're risking it for.  Now, I can make these people feel better and hang on a little bit longer.  I can save lives.  That's reason enough to risk mine.



Rick: [admonishing] We decided to do that tomorrow.
Carol: We don't know if we get a tomorrow.

No comments: