Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Dielect"




Here's a poem that perhaps helps to explain why many publications only accept electronic submissions...


Dielect

Dear Ed.,
If only you'd settled for a form rejection.
I'm used to those, I could of slepped easy.
But no, you went out of your way to respond
And were too hasty in dismissile, missing the hole point.
A SLIPSHOD EFFORT, RIFE WITH ERROR?
No, just a honest attempt at verysimilitude.
A shame I should even have to spell all this out to you.
You know tho what hurts most of all?
Conspickuously absent was the invite to
Submit again to your preshous magazine.
But I went ahead anyways & took the liberty.
This new peace packs a wallup, I promise.
I can only hope you open your own mail, Mr. Bigshot Ed.,
Since Ive directly addressed to you these
Pages with their healthy dose of aunthrax.
[sic]

No comments: