Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And the Winner Is...

This morning I conducted the drawing for the Comments Lottery.  I literally drew names out of a hat--for each comment that a person left on this blog during the contest period, a slip of paper with that person's name on it was entered into the drawing.  A couple of people had multiple entries, but the actual winner of the drawing (for his comment to the post on King's "The Last Rung on the Ladder") was...

MATT MOORE!!!

Matt has won a $25 gift card, which he can use in the Macabre Republic aStore or anywhere on Amazon.com.  Congratulations, Matt!

And thank you to all who participated in the contest.  I hope to run one again in the coming months (perhaps even doing an unannounced Comments Lottery to reward followers of the blog).  My goal is to build a sense of community here at Macabre Republic, to provide a forum for other voices besides my own.  So please, don't be shy about leaving comments to the posts.  As you hopefully can see by this point, I don't bite (well, except on that one night a month when the moon rounds out--then you might want to keep your distance...).

In other news: I've extended the sidebar poll by two more weeks, in the hopes that the deadlock at the top will get broken.  So if you haven't voted for your Favorite American Haunted-House Novel yet, go ahead and give a quick click.

Thanks,

Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Got the email the other day, but work and other stuff has kept me busy, so I'm catching up over the long weekend.

I'm going to put this to good use and get my wife an early Christmas present!